I am truly amazed at the people that think that all the venomous opposition to the proposed health care bill has no racial overtones. I don’t think everyone that opposes the bill is racist. However, there are quite a few raucous voices opposing it that have not been content with voicing their disagreements with the bill, but have also chosen to reveal their true colors by throwing racist slurs willy-nilly towards the President and people of color in general.
Narrow-mindedness, rabid anger, bias, injustice and contempt are all wrapped up in a racism pita and being served disguised as more palatable sandwiches and called names like patriotism and freedom of speech. The Secret Service has reported that threats against the President have increased by 400%, many of them personal threats that have nothing to do with the office or his policies. We have heard the leader of the Tea Party refer to President Obama as “an Indonesian – Muslim socialist thug” on CNN. I did not believe it till I saw the footage, but I saw a tea party protester with a poster that read “The zoo has an African (picture of a lion) and the White House has a lyin’ African.” If these don’t sound racist, can you explain what would? I’m still trying to decide if the “ordained” minister that wishes Obama dead is racist, a media opportunist, or just a cretin.
To all the people that say that nothing about the antagonism towards the health reform bill, and especially, the President has anything to do with race, speak for you, and let the racists own their racism. They are quite proud of it.
Non-structured blog about my thoughts on everything....when I have the inclination to write them down
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Still Hopeful in 2025
The year that Okonkwo took eight hundred seed yams from Nwakibie was the worst year in living memory. Nothing happened at its proper time; ...
-
Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris. Hilarious! Still prefer Me Talk Pretty One Day, though. Couldn't read that o...
No comments:
Post a Comment