I just watched Susan Boyle on youtube. I admit she may need her eyebrow waxed a little bit :-) but I couldn't believe all the snickering going on in the audience before she even said anything. She's very talented and clearly loves to entertain. I have to wonder though, would the public find her so "inspirational" if she looked like a model? It's like we're saying, "Wow! Look at her! She's so brave for going on tv with such a face, and by what miracle is THAT voice coming out of THAT body?
I wondered why some people said her performance moved them to tears till I watched the video. It’s not the singing per se that makes you cry. It’s the fact that she didn’t let the horror or disbelief on the audience and judges’ faces deter her from her dream, or even make her self-conscious. In the end, her talent first, and then her moxie, are what brought people to their feet and make even the two toughest judges in reality show history admit they were wrong by judging the book by it's cover.
Non-structured blog about my thoughts on everything....when I have the inclination to write them down
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Still Hopeful in 2025
The year that Okonkwo took eight hundred seed yams from Nwakibie was the worst year in living memory. Nothing happened at its proper time; ...
-
Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris. Hilarious! Still prefer Me Talk Pretty One Day, though. Couldn't read that o...
-
http://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/latest-news/2015/04/12/5-startup-lessons-from-the-buhari-campaign/
No comments:
Post a Comment