Monday, May 2, 2005

Bangalore I

Sunday May 1, 2005 8:50PM Bangalore

Sooo! We finally made it to Bangalore this morning (Bangalore time). I’m not as tired as I expected. Maybe it’s flying business class and getting pampered on the plane. I could even slide the seat so I was lying down! I tell you, it’s going to be tough to travel coach from now. I realized I’d been punishing myself by traveling in coach on long distance flights. The experience is just completely different. I was sitting there thinking, “Well, if we’re being pampered so much, what more are they doing for the first class passengers? Rubbing their tired aching feet, massages, and facials? Do they get to eat caviar?" I mean………

Anyways, back to business class, we had our choice of champagne, liquor, an assortment of juices and designer bottled water. The food was of course 3 or 4 courses with your drinks being topped up as often as you wanted. Not once did the air hosts/hostesses frown or give you that look like they had lots of stuff to do and you were keeping them from their hosting and hostessing duties.Anyways, we finally get to Bangalore after connecting from Chennai which was our port of entry into India. Our assigned driver was waiting for us and we got our luggage in the car and drove to the hotel – The Oberoi! I say it with an exclamation point because it’s a haven. Let me tell you, I love my room. Gotta love it for $329 a night! I mean….

It has a walk-in closet and a big bathroom with a big tub and separate shower stall that has an option to turn on steam and just steam yourself to a prune if you so desire. The bed is queen –sized and soft. The pillows are soft, you drift off the minute your head touches the pillow, or could have been because I was very tired. There’s a large desk that you can comfortably work on and not have to worry about finding space for all your stuff.
Have I told you about the service? I get my own personal butler! I’m living the high life baby! And he’s at my beck and call like my own special genie. You also get your laundry and dry-cleaning done for you as often as you want. Fresh fruit is served every morning with a huge breakfast buffet available to you. There’s a nice pool and about 3 restaurants in the building. I hear from past guests that the Szechwan Court has one of the best Chinese foods on this side of the hemisphere. I can’t wait to try out their food. I love any dish made with rice. Love my rice. Well, enough for today…I’m heading out to dinner. I’ll tell you how it went.

2 comments:

Orange girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Orange girl said...

Well enjoy the good life while you can. You'd never get that kida money or treatent out of your employers any other way!
While you're living large :-), endeavour to get a true picture of living in India. I'm pretty certain it's not Oberoi-style!Explore the interior as much as is feasible and do share your pictures with us.

Still Hopeful in 2025

The year that Okonkwo took eight hundred seed yams from Nwakibie was the worst year in living  memory. Nothing happened at its proper time; ...