Did I tell you I went to Mysore last weekend? I went and it was a beautiful place. Lots of hills and palaces. Visited the Lalita Mahal Palace, which is now a hotel. Used to be palace to one of the most influential kings. Beautiful palace. Had lunch at the hotel restaurant with live music in the background. A couple of guy were sitting on a stage playing what I think is the sitar.
I also rode a camel for the first time! It was quite a bumpy ride. This was in front of the Mysore Palace, a humongous edifice. It takes 2 hours to complete the tour around the palace. I went to a couple of other places with my friends from work. Rao our driver (he's from Mysore but lives in Bangalore) also took us to the Bull Temple up on one of the hills of Mysore. Very nice.
On our way back to Bangalore (about 3 hours drive), Rao showed us some Indian style driving. I can't describe it, you have to experience it. Let’s just say I started thinking that I should have written a will before going on the trip. Anyways, that was last weekend for me. I'll have to tell you how today went later. I'm very tired...........
Non-structured blog about my thoughts on everything....when I have the inclination to write them down
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Still Hopeful in 2025
The year that Okonkwo took eight hundred seed yams from Nwakibie was the worst year in living memory. Nothing happened at its proper time; ...
-
Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris. Hilarious! Still prefer Me Talk Pretty One Day, though. Couldn't read that o...
-
http://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/latest-news/2015/04/12/5-startup-lessons-from-the-buhari-campaign/
No comments:
Post a Comment