The Times of India has this tiny column called the Internet Humor. The jokes are sometimes good and sometimes corny. I look forward to reading it everyday, though. Not sure why it's called internet humor maybe they get them from the internet .......Today's:
"A family of mice were surprised by a big cat.
Father mouse jumped and said, "Bow-wow!" The cat ran away.
"What was that?" asked baby mouse.
"Son, that's why it's important to learn a second language."
Not sure about you, but I couldn't help chuckling.
The paper also has another column called "Sacred Space" with quotes from famous people or books. It usually has several quotes per day. In case you didn't know, I live for quotes. Not stupid ones like someone we all know says but deep, thoughtful ones or light, witty ones (don't laugh). Anyways, the one I like the best today is:
"Character is the total of thousands of small daily strivings to live up to the best that is in us. Character is the final decision to reject whatever is demeaning to oneself or to others and with confidence and honesty to choose the right." ---------- Arthur Trudeau
And another one by Aristotle: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit."
....meaning I can one day become an excellent mathematician if I practise problems everyday? Hmmmm.......
Non-structured blog about my thoughts on everything....when I have the inclination to write them down
Saturday, May 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Still Hopeful in 2025
The year that Okonkwo took eight hundred seed yams from Nwakibie was the worst year in living memory. Nothing happened at its proper time; ...
-
Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris. Hilarious! Still prefer Me Talk Pretty One Day, though. Couldn't read that o...
-
http://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/latest-news/2015/04/12/5-startup-lessons-from-the-buhari-campaign/
No comments:
Post a Comment