Monday, May 23, 2005

Don't want to leave......

So it’s 1:18AM in Bangalore and I’m sitting at a desk trying to get some work done. The over-whelming feeling is that I don’t want to leave yet (scheduled to leave on Saturday). Especially not when my job has changed back home due to “organizational restructuring”. And get this; it’s just dawning on me after a month that I came to train the people that are taking over my job. I’m not even mad at them. They’re qualified and they do the same job for much less pay. It’s the uncertainty and the possible reduction in grade that comes with my new job. That’s outsourcing for you: training someone newer than you are to do your job and then taking a job that requires less skill, at a lower grade to boot. We’re being told these are exciting times for the organization. How is that????


On more positive thoughts....... just remembered the ray of sunshine I got last week: My butler (yes, I have one at the hotel) gave me a bouquet of orange roses and chocolate. How sweet! His name is Suresh. No, I don’t have a crush on him.

No comments:

Still Hopeful in 2025

The year that Okonkwo took eight hundred seed yams from Nwakibie was the worst year in living  memory. Nothing happened at its proper time; ...