Tuesday May 3, 2005 12:00AM Bangalore
So my colleagues and I reported for work at 8PM on Monday, only to be told that we were supposed to come in at 5AM on Tuesday. It had to do with the availability of the scheduling facilities. So we’re wide awake, acclimatized to working at night, only to find out we’ll be working during the day, 5AM – 2PM. This was apparently communicated to the US office but I guess someone forgot to mention it. Great!
We headed back to the hotel and convened on B’s room, trying to create a process flowchart for the training modules we had.
Oh, did I mention what we’re in Bangalore for? We’re here to train our Dell co-workers how to do our job so that the department can be transitioned to India. Oh, the beauty of outsourcing. I’m not going to say anything bad about this because I’ve known some of the people here a while and I’ve grown attached to a few of them. Didn’t mean to digress. I’m back in my room now and I think I’ll order some Roganjosh before napping for a couple of hours and getting up at 3AM. The driver will be here to pick us up at 4AM……
Wednesday May 4, 2005 1:30AM Bangalore
Dinner at the Szechwan Court the other was great. Tried this non-alcoholic beverage called Caribbean Sea, excellent.
I’ll be getting ready for work in a couple of hours. Slept for about 4 hours earlier and couldn’t go back to sleep. I think I’ll watch music videos for a while. The MTV channel mostly plays music by Indian, European and Asian pop artistes. The V channel plays a lot of Indian music during the day and a lot, I mean a lot of hip-hop and rap in the middle of the night. I guess that’s when most hip-hop lovers are awake?
No comments:
Post a Comment