Wednesday, April 22, 2015





Wednesday's Wisdom:
I noticed the other day that of the six of us in the room, five had our faces glued to our smartphones, blackberries and kindles throughout the time we were all seated together (at least 2 hours).

Now, I'm not one of those people that believe that technology is evil. I love technology! It's people that use it for evil. However, as much as I love technology, I think a lot of us are addicted and should attempt to put away our devices at certain times - at the dinner table, for instance. When your spouse/child/parents are trying to have a conversation with you, perhaps? Maybe when your friend is pouring out her/his soul to you?
I've decided to stock up on games I used to play when I was younger - Scrabble, Jenga, Ayo, Chess, Dominos/Draft, Cards, Ludo, Monopoly, etc. You're welcome to play if you stop by, though I'm rusty. I'm also open to learning some of the new ones.

Also, do me a favor: If we're hanging out and you see me on any device, remind me to put it away and pay attention to you. It might be awkward at first, but I'm sure we'll survive. At least for a couple of hours :-)

No comments:

Still Hopeful in 2025

The year that Okonkwo took eight hundred seed yams from Nwakibie was the worst year in living  memory. Nothing happened at its proper time; ...