Sunday, August 14, 2005

Just finished reading...

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris. Hilarious!
Still prefer Me Talk Pretty One Day, though. Couldn't read that one in public because I'd burst out laughing at the most inopportune moments - like at the doctor's office while the guy with a bandaged head was walking out, or on the bus on my way back from work with several people standing on their aching feet, etc. You know what I mean.....

4 comments:

Lisa Blah Blah said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes...I am picking up Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim today from the library -- weird coincidence!

bloggist963 said...

Indeed! Love Sedaris.
You should read "Take the Canoli" by Sarah Vowell if you haven't aleady. She's as demented as he is :-)

bryce said...

I love D.S. Have you read the Santaland Diaries? Also good.

By the way, how the hell are ya? What are you doing now?

bloggist963 said...

I have and I liked it too.

Well, I'm a little broke but I'm doing great and I'll be traveling for while starting next week. How're u?

Still Hopeful in 2025

The year that Okonkwo took eight hundred seed yams from Nwakibie was the worst year in living  memory. Nothing happened at its proper time; ...