......And in related news, or shall we say Six Degrees of SeparationISH story, I just realized that this young man that I've admired for his business acumen and execution is actually the late Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh's son! His name is Bankole Cardoso.
He's co-founder of Easy Taxi, Nigeria. It's a service very similar to Uber but you bargain with and pay directly to the driver. They then get a percentage. I've used this service a few times and there's been no ugly surprises. The service and follow up is also excellent.
Example - One day, I tried to request a cab through the app, but it kept searching...... and searching for the nearest driver. I finally stopped the app out of frustration and what happens within 30 seconds? I get a phone call from a young man, apologizing for the app's slow service and offering to find me a cab. He found me one within 6 minutes, and set my expectation for the cab's ETA and a price range, accurately.
Why is this such a big deal to me? I love Nigeria, but everyone knows BPT and shady truths are the norm in 90% of the service industry, and to get consistent good service is rare. So, it's worth applauding when you do get it.
Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh was not only an excellent human being but she also left a good legacy behind in her son. I look forward to watching his other endeavors unfold.
No comments:
Post a Comment